Personal Property Taxes
Important Payment Information
- Payment of Personal Property Taxes is due by June 5 (1st half) and December 5 (2nd half). Payments must be received by these dates in order to avoid late payment penalties and interest.
- No payment extensions or payment plans are available for Personal Property Taxes.
- Failure to receive a tax bill does not exempt the customer from payment of taxes or late payment penalties and interest.
- Payment information should include Account Number.
To Pay your Bill
The City of Danville offers a variety of ways to pay your Personal Property Taxes:
- EPay: Pay your bills online. Online payments are handled through a third party secure payment service, Paymentus Corporation. Paymentus Corporation charges a convenience fee of 2.75% of the total payment amount to use this service. The City of Danville does not receive any portion of this fee.
- Phone: Payments can be made by phone through Paymentus Corporation at 844-680-6904.
- In Person: The Charles H. Harris Financial Service Center located at 311 Memorial Drive is open from 8:30 am to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- Drive-Thru Lanes: Two lanes are open during regular business hours. These are located at the Charles H. Harris Financial Service Center.
- Drop Box Lane: Available 24 hours a day, the drop box lane is located at the rear of the Charles H. Harris Financial Service Center.
- Mail: Send payments to City of Danville, Division of Central Collections, P.O. Box 3308, Danville, VA 24543-3308
Payment of Delinquent Taxes with a DMV Stop
A DMV Stop fee will be charged on all unpaid delinquent Personal Property Taxes The current rate is $50. Effective September 1, the DMV Stop fee will go up to $55. Payments must be made in person or through the Drive-Thru Lanes. Payments must be cash or money order only.
Division of Customer AccountsEmail Customer Accounts
Physical AddressCharles H. Harris Financial Service Center
311 Memorial Drive
Danville, VA 24541
Mailing AddressCity of Danville
Division of Customer Accounts
P.O. Box 3308
Danville, VA 24543-3308
Phone: 434-799-5125Fax: 434-797-9975
HoursMonday - Friday
8:30 am - 5 pm