Returned Checks Policies
- A $50 processing fee is charged on all returned checks.
- Customers with checks returned for Non-Sufficient Funds (NSF) will be sent a letter and will have five business days from the date of the letter to redeem the check before disconnection of services.
- Checks returned for the following will result in immediate disconnection of services without further notice:
- Stop Payment
- Closed Account
- No Account Found
- Accounts with two returned checks will be placed on "Cash Only" status. At the customer's request, accounts will be reviewed after 12 months to determine if the "Cash Only" status can be removed.
- Accounts with more than two returned checks will be placed on "Cash Only" status permanently.
- Returned checks, which were issued for reconnection of services, will result in immediate disconnection of services without further notice.
Central Collections does not accept "Starter" or "Temporary" checks for any payments. Payments using temporary checks presented in person will be refused. Payments using a temporary/starter check received via mail will be returned to the customer with a letter notification as to the reason for the return.