Music on Main concert series returns to Main Street Plaza, located at 111 Main St., on Thursday, June 8, with the promise of two shows a month all summer.
“This is going to be a great year for Music on Main,” said Danville Parks and Recreation’s Lisa Ferguson. “We have an awesome variety of music; everything from jazz to Elvis.”
The music series is now in its fourth year and has continually brought music into Danville’s River District.
“We want people to get out and celebrate the River District,” Ferguson said. “Music on Main has become a great tradition. Visit the shops downtown, grab a bite to eat and enjoy a free concert; there’s something for everyone.”
This year’s lineup:
- June 8; Les Moore Trio; Jazz and Blues
- June 22; Wayne Euliss; Elvis Tribute
- July 13; Mel Melton and the Wicked Mojos; Zydeco
- July 27; Cruize Control Band; Beach, Boogie and Blues
- Aug. 10; Wampler Brothers Band; Americana, Bluegrass and Acoustic Mayhem
- Aug. 24; West End Mambo; Salsa
All shows in the series are free and start at 6:30 p.m. Concert goers are encouraged to take a lawn chair or blanket. In case of bad weather, concerts will be moved to Carrington Pavilion. For more information, call Danville Welcome Center at 434-793-4636.