The Danville Pittsylvania County Chamber of Commerce, Danville Office of Economic Development and Pittsylvania County Economic Development will hold a series of events next week as part of “Business Appreciation Week.”
With a tagline of "Feel the Love," the region is planning events to show gratitude to businesses that have chosen to locate, invest and grow in the region.
There are currently more than 2,930 employers in Danville and Pittsylvania County that provide jobs that contribute to our tax base and support the amenities that improve our quality of life. With more than 38,000 people employed in Danville and Pittsylvania County, the region has a wide range of businesses, including manufacturing, healthcare, retail, professional services, food services and restaurants, construction, finance, administrative, education, government, accommodations, recreation and entertainment, information technology, and agriculture. Approximately 95 percent of the employers in Danville and Pittsylvania County are small businesses, employing fewer than 50 employees.
As a celebration of the business community and their contributions to the region, a number of events are scheduled for Business Appreciation Week. See the list below and go to https://www.facebook.com/BAWFEELTHELOVE:
Show your love! Week-long event to let local merchants know they are appreciated by the community. Stop by the Danville Public Library, YMCA, River District Association and events during the week to pick up a postcard and let a business know what you love about them! Complete and mail them or put them in the collection box!
Monday, June 4
Tuesday, June 5
- 8:30 – 10 a.m. A Social Media Crash Course! - This fast-paced presentation will help you discover: The best social media channels for your business/How to create posts that connect with your audience/Where social media fits into your fuller marketing picture. Ilsa Loeser, Principal at Letterpress Communications uses real-world examples from Southside Virginia organizations that are telling their story in new and compelling ways, leading to followers, clients and sales. Olde Dominion Agricultural Complex. $10 to attend, RSVP required, www.dpchamber.org
- 11 a.m. – 2 p.m. – CASH MOB IN THE RIVER DISTRICT! Grab your cash. Grab your friends. Share your love! Create a crowd and max out the River District! Take a selfie with the LOVE sign, visit the Averett Mascots on the plaza, snag some giveaways, enter a Danville Braves drawing and CASH MOB the River District by spending a combined $20 in any store or restaurant! www.facebook.com/downtowndanville
Wednesday, June 6
- 8 – 10:30 a.m. – Free Workshop! - Let us help you! Funding opportunities and training resources are available to employers! Learn what’s out there and how your business can benefit. Hosted by Robert Bencini, Director, West Piedmont Workforce Development Board & joined by Allison Moore, Danville Pittsylvania County Chamber of Commerce, and Dr. Julie Brown, Dan River Region Collaborative. Danville Community College, Temple Building, Room 110. RSVP email@example.com
- 12 – 8 p.m. – Chatham Crawl -Welcome to Chatham! Enjoy restaurant and retail shop specials and businesses hosting open houses! Visit the Farmer’s Market showcasing vendors/crafts/live entertainment or tour a historic landmark! Community service organizations will have exhibits to share information. Punch cards available to be entered into a prize drawing.
Thursday, June 7
- 12 – 1 p.m. Gretna Main Street Merchants Meet and Greet – Community members can take this opportunity to meet their local merchants and express appreciation to businesses operating in Gretna. Gather at the caboose, enjoy a hot dog, and show your love for local merchants!
- 4 – 5:30 p.m. 2 Witches Public/Private event – Networking invitations being sent to local industries, but 2 Witches will also be open to the public! Nana Karen’s Food Truck and music by Stuart Jennings & Mike Buckner – mix, meet, and mingle! Spread the love and let our industries know they’re appreciated.
Friday, June 8
- 7:30 – 9 a.m. Southern Piedmont Technology Council sponsors breakfast at Noblis, 527 Bridge St, Suite 300. Noblis explains how their newest supercomputer will be used to achieve a faster path to Artificial Intelligence (AI). Hear data scientists discuss AI applications being developed for federal government clients. Register at www.sptc-va.org
The 2018 Business Appreciation Week is being sponsored by the City of Danville Economic Development, Pittsylvania County Economic Development, and the Danville Pittsylvania County Chamber of Commerce. Business Appreciation Week will celebrate our local businesses and manufacturers for choosing to locate and grow here. During Business Appreciation Week, we acknowledge the companies that diversify and enhance the economy of Danville and Pittsylvania County.