Create a Website Account - Manage notification subscriptions, save form progress and more.
At approximately 4:18 pm yesterday Danville Police along with Fire and EMS responded to the intersection of Piney Forest Road and Franklin Turnpike for a report of a vehicle crash.
A total of five (5) vehicles were involved:
1) 2007 Toyota Tacoma, operated by a 75-year-old male (transported to DRMC for treatment), no passengers, approximately $10,000 damage
2) 1997 Plymouth Neon, operated by a 23-year-old female (transported to DRMC for treatment), no passengers, approximately $3,000 damage
3) 2002 Ford Ranger, operated by a 45-year-old male (transported to DRMC for treatment), one (1) 50-year-old female passenger (transported to DRMC for treatment), approximately $3,000 damage
4) 1997 Buick Century, operated by a 73-year-old female (not transported for treatment), no passengers, approximately $1,000 damage
5) 2011 Infinity, operated by a 25-year-old female (not transported for treatment), no passengers, approximately $4,000 damage
None of the injuries are considered life threatening at this time. The investigation revealed that the Plymouth Neon, Ford Ranger, Buick Century, and Infinity were all stopped behind one another at the light on the northwest side of Franklin Turnpike at the intersection with Piney Forest Road. The Toyota Tacoma ran into the back end of the Plymouth causing a chain reaction multi car collision. The crash is still under investigation.
The driver of the Ford Ranger, Eliut Valencia-Sortelo was charged with driving with a suspended driver’s license and served with a probation violation warrant out of Staunton, VA. He is currently being held in the Danville City Jail with no bond.
Ref: VA SC 46.2-301, 19.2-306