Utility bill payments can be made in person at our Financial Service Center or at one of our convenient payment centers, by mail, by bank draft, and now you can pay online or by phone!
Charles H. Harris Financial Service Center
311 Memorial Dr.
Danville, VA 24541
City of Danville
P.O. Box 3308
Ph: (434) 799-5125
Fx: (434) 799-6565
Monday - Friday
8:30 am - 5:00 pm
Credit Card Payments
Drive-Thru / Drop Box Lanes
- Payments can be made in person at Central Collections in the Charles H. Harris Financial Service Center from 8:30 am to 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday.
- Payments can be made by mail.
- Two lanes are open during regular business hours for drive-thru payments, located at the rear of the Charles H. Harris Financial Service Center.
- A 24 hour drop box is located at the rear of the Financial Service Center. Payments dropped after 5:00 pm will be credited next business day. Dropped payments should include Account Number/Customer Number. No cash, please.
Utility bills can also be paid at the following satellite payment centers:
Notice Regarding finaled Accounts
Unpaid balances on finaled accounts will be submitted to an external collection agency. Customer will be responsible for additional fees of 20% or more and related collection costs. If you are contacted by a collection agency, you will need to communicate with them until your debt is resolved. Central Collections will not be able to discuss amounts due and will not be able to accept payments toward this debt. For all accounts submitted to a collection agency, all payments must be made directly to the collection agency. Note that funds collected by the collection agency may take up to three weeks to apply against the account. New service will not be provided until this debt is resolved.
- A valid government picture ID is required to be presented when seeking information on an account.
- When paying by check, please include the account number on the check.
Notice on Temporary Checks
Central Collections does not accept “Starter” or “Temporary” checks for any payments. Payments using temporary checks presented in person will be refused. Payments using a temporary check received via mail will be returned to the customer with a letter notification as to the reason for the return.