Adult Detention Center
1000 South Boston Rd
Ph: (434) 799-5233
Fx: (434) 799-5219
Monday - Friday
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
The Danville Adult Detention Center (ADC) is a minimum-security work prison. The facility houses approximately 160 men. Most are assigned throughout the City to one of several work crews. Their responsibilities include:
- Creating and maintaining road side gardens
- Mowing all main thoroughfares, rights of way, and City parks
- Removing leaves and litter
- Cleaning brush, trees, and other vegetation
- Sorting and distributing trash for the City recycling program
- Preparing and cleaning snow and ice from bridges, City sidewalks and parking lots
- Performing grounds maintenance
- Painting and renovating City buildings
- Picking up and delivering materials for City departments such as the Courts, Social Services, Library, etc.
- Maintaining the ADC inmate population: cooking, cleaning, laundry, building and grounds renovation and maintenance (including providing meals and laundry services for female inmates supervised by the Sheriff's Department).
Also, ADC provides several programs for inmates, including:
- Medical services
- Education program directed toward achieving a GED
- A work release and weekender incarceration program directed toward allowing legitimately employed inmates to retain their employment during their incarceration period
- A transition program directed toward assisting Danville area inmates incarcerated in state prisons to seamlessly return to society.