Danville Utility Commission
Regular Meeting Agendas
- 4:00 pm
- Fourth Monday of every month
- Fourth Floor Conference Room
427 Patton St.
Danville, VA 24541
Regular meeting agendas are available prior to the meetings.
Most Recent Agenda
| View All
Regular Meeting Minutes
Regular meeting minutes are also available following approval.
Most Recent Minutes | View All
- Robert T. Vaughan, Chairman
- H. Phillip Smith
- James K. Turpin
- W. Jeffrey Liverman
- Steven B. Daniels
- Robert D. Schasse
- Fred O. Shanks, City Council
- Joseph C. King, City Manager
The Utility Commission shall consist of seven members that serve three-year terms. Six members are appointed by City Council
plus the City Manager
or Acting City Manager. Of the six members appointed by Council, at least one member shall be a customer of the utility system from outside the limits of the City of Danville, at least four members shall be citizens of the City of Danville, and one member shall be an at large customer of the utility system. An active member of City Council shall be appointed as an ex officio non-voting member of the Utility Commission.
For more information, contact Senior Secretary/Clerk to the Commission Patti O'Keefe at (434) 799-5268. To apply to serve on this Board, please fill out our online application
The functions of the Utility Commission include:
- Acting as an advisory board to the City Council on the issue of utility consumption rates, suggested Code amendments, condemnation of public right of way, and the budget for the Department of Utilities.
- Acting as an advisory board to the City Manager for the purpose of hiring and firing the General Manager of the Department of Utilities
- Acting as the official action board to determine and establish such policies as non-consumption utility fees, utility extensions, service connection fees, and other general service policies not designated to either City Council, the City Manager, or the General Manager of the Department of Utilities
- Retaining all powers, rights, and privileges currently set forth in this City Code and amending the City Code and this Article as Council deems necessary to better serve the customers in anticipation of deregulation of electric utilities.