Steps required for obtaining a City of Danville business license:
- Obtain a zoning clearance from the Planning Division located in City Hall, Room 207. There is a $10 fee to issue a zoning clearance. For questions pertaining to a zoning clearance, contact the Planning Division at (434) 799-5261.
- Register the name of your business with the Clerk of Circuit Court, 3rd floor of the City Court House, 401 Patton Street
When opening a restaurant, contact:
- Local State Health Department Inspectors at (434) 799-5190
- If you plan to sell alcoholic beverages, contact the ABC Board at (800) 552-3200
When opening a day care center for children (five or more) contact:
- the State Social Service Office in Roanoke, VA at (540) 857-7946
When opening an adult home (four or more) contact:
- the State Social Service Office in Roanoke, VA at (540) 857-7868
Owners of barbershops and beauty salons must have a Shop or Salon License, which can be obtained from the Department of Cosmetology by calling (804) 367-8509. All stylists must have their State License with them when applying for their City Business License.