Neighbors Helping Neighbors is a program in collaboration with the United Way of Danville-Pittsylvania County. Funding for Neighbors Helping Neighbors comes from public donations. Funds are dispersed only as they are available.
Guidelines for Assistance
- Applications are valid for 7 days
- Individual must be a resident of the City of Danville
- Priority for assistance will be given to those considered vulnerable. This includes individuals/households with children 12 and under and adults 60 and over and/or disabled individuals
- Individuals/Households will be assisted only once within a 12 month period, as funds are available
- Eligibility for assistance will be made within 7 days based on the availability of funds.
- If funds are not available, the applicant will be notified
- Must have a cut-off notice from the City of Danville Utilities Department
- Must present proof of current income and expenses in order to be considered for assistance
- Failure to provide necessary and requested documentation will result in denial of assistance
- Individuals/Households who give false or misleading information in order to receive assistance will be denied. If warranted, a referral may be made for prosecution
For information on how to give Neighbors Helping Neighbors, please visit Danville Utilities
Applications can be picked up at the agency or one can be mailed by calling (434) 799-6543.