Secondhand Building Fixtures Permit
Virginia code § 59.1-117 now requires a permit to be obtained and held by any person(s) selling or acquiring any secondhand building fixtures. Further code definition classifies the following as Secondhand Building Materials: secondhand heating or plumbing fixtures or supplies, electric fixtures or any wiring, gas fixtures or appliances, water faucets, pipes, locks, bathtubs, gutters, downspouts, or other secondhand fixtures of whatever kind or description pertaining to a building or structure.
Click here for additional information on Secondhand Building Fixtures
Click here for Secondhand Building Fixtures Permit
Click here for Junk Dealer Annual Permit Application
Concealed Handgun Permit
- A copy of the application can be downloaded from the Virginia State Police website by clicking here or you can pick up a copy at the Danville Circuit Court Clerk's Office.
- For the section of the Code of Virginia that lists disqualifications for a concealed handgun permit, click here.
- Once you have completed the application, take it to the Danville Circuit Court Clerk's Office. In addition to any fee at the Circuit Court, a fee of $35 will be charged for the Danville Police Department's background investigation on the applicant. You must bring government issued identification with proof of City of Danville residency or domiciliary and proof of competence with a handgun as required by the Code of Virginia
- For the section of the Code of Virginia that lists the recognized proofs of competence with a handgun, click here.
- Fingerprint impressions are no longer required for concealed handgun permits for Virginia residents or domiciliary.
- When the application process is completed, which should take place within 45 days, you will be notified by phone or mail by the Clerk of Danville Circuit Court of the status of your permit.
- Permit Renewal -- Renewals of a concealed handgun permit are basically handled the same a new permits, however a copy of your permit is all that is needed for proof of demonstrated competence with a handgun.
- The court, upon receipt of a criminal history records check, may issue the renewal without requiring the applicant to re-appear before the court provided no new disqualifications are present.
- If the new five-year permit is issued while an existing permit remains valid, the new five-year permit shall become effective upon the expiration date of the existing permit, provided that the application is received by the court at least 90 days but no more than 180 days prior to the expiration of the existing permit.
- If the permit holder is a member of the Virginia National Guard, Armed Forces of the United States, or the Armed Forces reserves of the United States, and his permit expires during an active-duty military deployment outside of the permittee's County or City of residence, such permit shall remain valid for 90 days after the end date of the deployment (§ 18.2-308).
Street Closure Permit
- Download and complete an application from this website or obtain an application in person at the Danville Police Department Records Office, Monday through Friday, between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. The charge is $75 (non-refundable, cash only).
- Street Closures may be approved if they are for positive, open-to-the-public, community-based functions whose purpose is to generate goodwill for all persons involved. Street Closure must be designed to minimally disrupt neighborhood traffic and must have the approval of all residents within the closure area.
- If the street closure application is approved, you will receive a copy of your application and permit in the mail checked "Approved". Please keep the approved application and permit with you during the course of the event.
- If the street closure permit is denied, you will either receive a telephone call informing you that it has been denied or a notice by mail.
- Download and complete an application from this website or in person at the Danville Police Department Records Office, Monday through Friday, between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. The charge is $3 (non-refundable, cash only).
- Parade permits may be approved with restrictions on manner, route and time.
- Obtain and complete an application in person from the Danville Police Department Records Office, Monday through Friday, between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. The charge is $20 (non-refundable, cash only). A renewal permit costs $10 (cash only).
- You must bring the following items to the Police Records Office:
- Current Commercial Driver's License (CDL)
- Company's intent-to-hire letter