- 5:30 p.m.
- Second Monday of alternating months beginning in February, no meeting in August
- East Room
Danville Community College
1008 S. Main Street
Danville, VA 24541
- Sheila Baynes
- Ernestine Payne
- Toshia Fitzgerald
The Board shall be composed of a minimum of nine persons. The maximum number generally shall not exceed 15. Each local political subdivision sponsoring the College shall appoint three members who shall be residents of the region to be served by the College.
Appointments shall be for a four-year term and no person having served on the Board for two successive four-year terms shall be eligible for reappointment for two years thereafter. No elected members of either the General Assembly or of a local governing body shall be eligible to serve on the Board.
For more information, contact the Office of President Carlyle Ramsey at Danville Community College at 434-799-8400. To apply to serve on this Board, please fill out our online application.
The Board acts in an advisory capacity to the State Board of Community Colleges and performs such duties as may be delegated to it by the State within the statewide policies, procedures, and regulations. Other duties of the Board include:
- Serving as the liaison agency between the State Board and the governing body
- Providing recommendations to the State Board on matters of proper facilities and equipment
- Developing educational programs
- Appointing citizen committees for participation in program planning and development
- Reviewing and approving the budget as prepared by the College President