- Emergency Communications
- Heads Up! Special Needs Registry
Heads Up! Special Needs Registry
The Heads Up! program assists public safety agencies and other responders with special information while responding to an emergency call to a Danville resident or business.
The program provides City residents and businesses an opportunity to give the Emergency Communication Center special information about themselves and family members living at their residence, information on how to find their address, medical information, or special hazards on their property that may deter or harm first responders, including:
- Locations of persons with disabilities in the residence in case of fire
- Locations of medicines or other important information
- Emergency contact information (children, relatives, etc.) for the Center to call in case emergency responders have been dispatched to the residence / business
- Directions to a home or business that may not be easily seen from the street
- Locations of chemicals or hazards in the residence / business
- Locations of oxygen machines and tanks
Registration can be completed in two ways:
- By completing the online form, or
- Downloading and completing our printer friendly version (PDF) and submitting to the Emergency Communications Center.
Danville Emergency Communications Center
600 Lynn Street
Danville, Virginia 24541
Once the information is entered, each time the 9-1-1 telecommunicator dispatches a call to the address listed, the computer will provide the special information given, which will be relayed to the responding units while they are en route.
Keep Information Up-to-Date
The requester will need to keep this information up-to-date and notify the Emergency Communications Center of any changes. The forms expire every year. You can renew each year by filling out a new form.
For more information contact us at 434-799-6535.