Representatives from Danville Utilities’ Home$ave energy efficiency rebate program will be on location at Lowe’s Home Improvement, located at 280 Lowe’s Drive in Danville, on Wednesday, April 22, from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. to celebrate Earth Day with energy efficient prizes and giveaways.
The major prize will be a drawing for a free LG Energy Star, high efficiency, top-load washer valued at $700. The winner must be a Danville Utility customer and must attend the event and register to win.
Along with Danville Home$ave and Lowe’s, 104.5 “The Dan” radio will be broadcasting live from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Home$ave is an energy efficiency rebate program available to all Danville Utilities residential electric customers. Home$ave helps Danville homeowners save energy and money by making energy efficient upgrades to their home.
Products eligible for Home$ave rebates and rebate amounts are as follows:
• Energy Star clothes washers - $50
• Energy Star refrigerators - $30
• Qualifying high-efficiency central air conditioners - $145 or $250 (depending on efficiency rating)
• Qualifying high-efficiency air-source heat pumps - $350 or $500 (depending on efficiency rating)
• HVAC tune-up service (performed by a program-qualified contractor) - $55
• Energy Star room air conditioners - $25
• Attic insulation - $0.10 per square foot installed (depending on R-Value)
• Wall insulation - $0.45 per square foot installed (depending on R-Value)
• Floor insulation - $0.15 per square foot installed (depending on R-Value)
• Crawlspace - $0.10 per square foot installed (depending on R-Value)
• Qualifying high-efficiency electric water heater - $25
• Qualifying high-efficiency heat pump water heater - $100
• Energy Star windows - $1 per square foot
For more information on equipment that qualifies for Home$ave rebates, customers are urged to visit www.danvillehomesave.com or call the toll-free, Home$ave hotline at 1 (888) 599-0450.
Danville Utilities provides natural gas, water, wastewater and telecommunications services in Danville and distributes electricity to approximately 42,000 customer locations in a 500-square-mile service territory covering Danville, the southern third of Pittsylvania County, and small portions of Henry and Halifax counties.