Create a Website Account - Manage notification subscriptions, save form progress and more.
Danville Parks and Recreation recently announced the lineup for this year’s Music on Main Concert Series, which will kick off on June 14 with the beach, boogie, and blues stylings of Cruize Control Band of Greensboro, N.C.
“This year’s lineup is a lot of fun,” said Taylor Aherron, special events coordinator. “We have several returning acts such as crowd-favorite, Wayne Euliss, and his Elvis tribute show not to mention a lot of new shows like Small Town Orchestra and New Habit Band. We hope we have a little something for everyone.”
The Music on Main series is free and will take place the second and fourth Thursday of the month June through August. All shows start at 6:30 p.m. and will be held at the Main Street Plaza. In case of rain, concerts will be moved to the Carrington Pavilion located at 629 Craghead St. Admission is free.
This year’s lineup includes:
• June 14 – Cruize Control Band; beach boogie and blues - sponsored by the River District Association
• June 28 – Mel Melton and the Wicked Mojos; zydeco
• July 12 – Small Town Orchestra; jazz – sponsored by Cardiology Consultants of Danville
• July 26 – Wayne Euliss; Elvis tribute
• August 9 – New Habit Band; bluegrass
• August 23 – Johnny-O and the Jump Out Boys; old school Chicago blues.
Music lovers are encouraged to bring a picnic basket and a lawn chair or blanket. For more information, call the Danville Welcome Center at 434-793-4636.